Last Updated: February 28, 2022 by Amer
When you want to cut bricks in your backyard, you probably don’t use a brick cutter. Instead, you might have an electric angle grinder or a wheelbarrow. Angle grinders are efficient tools for quickly cutting bricks and stones.
They also make it easier to remove large amounts of debris from the ground without having to spend time on heavy machinery. You can safely operate an angle grinder without wearing any protective gear.
Since it only produces a few thousand ultra-high-speed rotations per minute, safely operating an angle grinder will not cause much damage to the surrounding areas. Let’s have a look at the whole process and all safety tips about how to cut bricks with the angle grinder.
Tools Use for Cutting
There are many things that you can do with the top 15 angle grinders of the market in 2022. You can cut metal and concrete, demolish walls and ceilings, remove large stones and rocks, and even produce dirt. Whether you’re into construction or gardening, an angle grinder is a perfect tool for you to use.
Here’s a list of tools you can use with your angle grinder to make your life easier.
An oiler allows you to keep your chain and sprocket free of debris while in use, making it easier to clean afterward with a brush. That way you don’t get that annoying buildup anywhere else on the drive system.
An oil changer is specifically placed at the front-right side so when anything falls off during use, you can wipe all tracks away without having any issues. This will protect common areas of the drive system while allowing you to focus on actually grinding.
Chain Sprocket Knob
Sometimes a screw loosens in an angle grinder and can be hard to tighten up properly – especially with all the force being put behind it these days. A metal sprocket knob allows for adjustment without leaving any undue marks left behind due to a socket wrench socket or other tools used.
Shifting Clutch Lever
A shifting clutch lever prevents you from constantly dropping the sprocket, which is especially important when grinding concrete. Sometimes debris or a dropped screw can send up sparks and lead to an explosion of metal shrapnel flying everywhere if placed improperly.
A clutch master cylinder helps prevent this by clipping into place on each side at opposite ends of the shaft while retaining force while under use with springs built-in.
A blade guard keeps your blades free from any sort of texture or coating so you don’t dull your blades with seeing any foreign particles. To keep the guard cleaned and smooth, a 6″ wet/dry shop vacuum hose is installed on top for additional cleaning power.
A spanner wrench allows the use of both wrenches to tightly grip onto various bolts used in different angle grinder applications allowing you to tighten screws down evenly while not leaving marks behind due to sharp lag screw points. While a 15mm wrench is used to tighten down the two bottom nuts on either side, you can use the 12mm nut to adjust.
Process of Cutting
If you are looking for ways to save time and money while you work, then you should consider using a manual angle grinder instead of using a traditional electric grinder. However, there are several things that you need to know before buying an angle grinder and how to use it.
If you are wondering how to cut bricks with an angle grinder, here’s the process that I would recommend.
- First, you need to ensure that the grinder’s cutting mechanism is kept in place when installing it. In most cases, an electric cord is included which will connect directly into a power outlet or utilize battery power.
- Then you have to attach the tightening clamp and tighten up all the bolts on both sides of your circular saw with your hand before attaching them onto each other with two nuts and washers.
- Ensure that you position them evenly and in the same space with each other using a level or chalk line until your screws are tightened through the bolts to ensure good steady results on every cut.
- Now, all you need is an angle grinder with metal wheels fitted onto it and at least 4-6 feet of rope for controlling where to start grinding against when cutting any type of material.
The cord can be quite long as well, so do not try and cut the glass or masonry with lengths shorter than 5 meters.
- So, start by running through each adjustment you have made while starting your angle grinder at low speed before moving onto medium speeds once it begins working properly.
- It is best to choose a small plate glass instead of concrete for testing purposes, though you should prepare yourself accordingly with safety gear like goggles and gloves if needed.
Advantages of using Angle Grinder
Angle grinders are power tools that come in different types and sizes. Each of these types is designed for a different purpose, but the one task they can all perform well is cutting bricks. If you need to cut bricks, you can use either dry or wet methods.
- Depending on the type of material that makes up the brick, you can use an angle grinder to get the job done faster and more efficiently than any other tool.
- One of the biggest advantages of using an angle grinder to cut bricks is that it will give you a lot more control over the size and shape of the cut.
- You can also use an angle grinder to smooth and shape the edges of a brick, which makes it look better than when you cut it with a saw.
- If you need to remove or install any part of your home, you can use an angle grinder to do so. If you are doing some construction work on your home, this tool will be useful.
Safety is the most important aspect when using any tool or equipment. It’s the main reason why people prefer to hire professionals to perform their home improvement jobs instead of doing it themselves. Here are a few safety tips to help you reduce the risk of cutting yourself with your brick cutter.
- Make sure that there is some distance between the blade and your body. Allow a minimum of three to four inches from your skin so as not to cut yourself experimentally until you get used to it.
- Enclose any metal objects in a plastic bag or clothes hanger before using the angle grinder. For example, all of my cutter attachments came covered with clothing hangers that I placed inside two empty hog rings before starting this job.
- Don’t try cutting by using an angle grinder unless you have a sturdy workbench and some sort of padding to avoid the risk of dropping the tool.
- Make sure that your brick cutter has not been dropped or damaged before starting this job.
- Your hand is a lot closer to the spinning bit than you think and if it slips out of control. So keep an eye on the blades.
- Make sure that the brick cutter is fully assembled, maintain, and lubricated at all times.
If you are wondering how to cut bricks with the angle grinder, then this article is for you. When you are doing your home improvement, you may want to cut bricks from the wall. You can use a brick cutter to remove bricks from the wall.
But you need to be careful when using it because some people might get hurt by falling bricks.
If you have liked this article then please leave your remarks in the comment section. Thank you!
Amer is a writer with a deep love for nature, particularly waterfalls and lakes, they find great peace and inspiration in the beauty of these natural wonders, and spends their free time exploring them whenever they can. Amer is a soulful person who believes that everything happens for a reason, and they have a strong faith in God that sustains them through difficult times.
Despite their love for nature and their faith, Amer struggles a little with mental health that can make it difficult for them to connect with other people. They can be shy and introverted, finding it hard to put themselves out there. But when they do open up, they can be incredibly romantic, expressing their feelings in the most heartfelt and poetic ways.
Amer is also a decent cook, although they don’t particularly enjoy the process of cooking, people love their food, and often uses their cooking skills to show their love and appreciation for those around them.
In all of their pursuits, Amer strives to find meaning and purpose in life. They believe that there is a reason for everything, and that even the most difficult experiences can ultimately lead to growth and understanding. With their love for nature, their faith in God, and their caring nature, Amer is a person who adds beauty and light to the world around them.